This picturesque town is located in northern Peloponnese in the slope of mountain Helmos. It is only 191 km away from Athens and 77 km away from Patra. It is accessible either by car, train or public bus (ktel). Kalavrita is widely known for its ski resort and its rack railway. The area offers a wide range of activities both for children and grown-ups.
What's in it for you
The Kalavrita Fam Trip is where agents, event planners, consultants or potential clients are invited to visit Kalavrita, an alternative destination, by The Kase Project. We, as hosts, will typically book all your travel, and daily activities and meals. The trip allows for the destination to show off its venues, services, and suppliers.
Our goal is to blow your socks off and showcase this alternative destination, which in turn would entice you to bring your clients and/or conferences to Greece one day. We simulate activities that the attendees would be doing such as social excursions, opening receptions at local venues, so you can get to know our “products”.
- A visit to Cavino Winery in Aigio
- Ride with a small traditional train from Diakopto to Kalavryta
- Sightseeing of the Vouraikos Canyon
- Visit the famous monastery of “Mega Spileon”
- Visit the “Mega Spileon” vineyards (tasting of 4 premium labels & lunch)
What to expect
Our day starts with a visit to Cavino Winery in Aigio. We will have a tour of the facilities.
Afterwards, we will drive to Diakopto to embark on the small train with direction to Kalavryta through the magnificent Vouraikos Canyon. It's considered among the eight most beautiful rides worldwide, and for a good reason.
After our free time, we will start our descent by bus. Our first stop will be the famous monastery of “Mega Spileon” located 950m above sea level.
After our tour to the monastery, we will visit the “Mega Spileon” vineyards. Tour through the vineyards, magnificent vies over the canyon, wine tasting and lunch in the Tasting of 4 premium labels.
Kalavrita Fam Trip Itinerary
- Full day transfer with luxury vehicle
- Wine guide/assistant throughout the day
- Guided visit to Cavino
- Train to Kalavryta
- Guided visit to the monastery
- Guided visit to Mega Spileo winery
- Lunch including beverages
- Wine tastings as described above.