Lipsi island is located on the south east of the Aegean sea and is one of the dodecanese. Lipsi is known as the island of Kalypso, in which according to the Greek mythology Odysseus was kept as hostage. It is built amphitheatrically in the middle of a protected cove and it’s the perfect choice for holidays in order to relax and enjoy the serenity of the sea.
- Swim in the crystal clear waters.
- Take part in traditonal festivals.
- Taste the local food and wine.
- Walk through magical landscapes.
- Hike on top of the island and explore the natural wonders.
- Fishing trips and spearfishing learning.
The island of Lipsi provides a number of activities for the travellers. First of all, visitors have to swim in the crystal clear waters of the island and have the opportunity to see unique creatures such as the seals monachus-monachus and sea turtles. Learn how to fish in our fishing trips around the island and grab the opportunity to try spearfishing with one of our crew members. Also, travellers can explore the island’s paths either from inside the village or outside of it, so that they can get in touch with the local lifestyle and nature too. In the summer months and especially in August, a lot of festivals is being organized with live music and plenty of food and traditional wine. For example on the 23d of August locals celebrate the Lady of Charou with worships and a big festival. For those who love hiking, the island has many paths leading to different directions, with the most famous, the one which ends on the castle of Lipsi where leavings of Acropolis still exist.
What to expect
- Beaches with crystal clear waters.
- Numerous paths to explore.
- Wine tasting.
- Seasonal festivals with the locals.
- Traditional temples to visit.
- Beach parties.